Monday, August 20, 2012

Finally.. here we go

After 10 days of having the proverbially covers over my head, thinking that if I dont think about it, Tuesday will roll around, everything will be taken care of and off we go.. Well.... that just didnt work out real well.  

On Friday night after some great company with a dear friend who also has a daughter from China and some cheering up,  I was on my way home, and I knew I needed help.   I called another dear friend of mine, and all I said was " I Need Help"...... That is not an easy thing for me to ask for.. but I have learned that that really isnt a sign of wekaness as my mother always had me believe.  Its actually a sign of strength to be able to admit and ask someone for help.....

Saturnday morning rolled around and after lunch , she was at the house, sleeves rolled up, and we tackled a huge list of things ( that she made me put together) and managed to cross off over 90 %. The other 10%, she really could not help with, as it entailed packing, and getting paper work together , etc..

Sunday, I ran a few errands, that were on the  list such as prescription refills,  and took H out for lunch, and then went over to my travel buddy, and she was packed and ready to go... We just wanted to make sure we were on the same page.... OK, so my head is still  somewhere in the clouds, but I know she will make sure we are where we need to be, and when.... Typcially I am the in charge kind of gal... but I am gladly turning that over to her on this trip.

Monday rolled around, and well,  that would be tonight, and I did work today much to everyone's surprise, and a neighbor took H  for a playdate, which she desperately needed.

I am happy to report that I am packed, and ready to go..

To the friends that have helped me this week... THANK YOU.   I could not have done it without you. You are truly a gift, and I feel honored to be able to call you a friend.  I am blessed.

To all the calls from friends I received from near and far to wish us happy journeys... it means so much to me to know that you took the time and left messages and called to say you were thinking about me.  If I didnt return your call, please know that I did receive them, and I am touched.


I want to treasure the memories of this trip, and let the craziness begin as we embark on your journey early on Tuesday August 21st.    Stay tuned as we update the blog first from Beijing then on to Anhui and then down to GZ....... Memories of a lifetime!!

Thank you all!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe after so much waiting that the time is already here. You and H are in our hearts. We can't wait to meet 'Mei Mei'. Remember, it all gets easier over time! GOOD LUCK! XO Christine, Brian and Jade

    ReplyDelete