Friday, August 10, 2012

Here we go..............................

Its been an emotional 10 days.   Waiting for the Travel Authorization ( TA)  has been the  most emotionally draining experience I have had in a long time.  I thought I was handling it ok, until I was told that I was driving everyone crazy... ok, so maybe not doing ok.  But we have TA!!!

So now I go into the mode of  get it done, book flights, hotels, get everything in order at work, home, notify everyone and lets go.  I get focused and my emotions get left behind..... sort of. I was asked yesterday if  I was holding back my emotions, that I must be so excited but I was holding everything in.  I realized that I am emotinaly drained, and exhausted.  We have been waiting for this so long, and its finally here, and I can't seem to muster  an ounce of emotion.

Maybe it just hasn't hit me yet. ( that's it) .  I think I have to be in this mode to get everything done. I leave in about a week and then I go on FLMA, without income.  I am trying hard not to think about that part... Part of my frustration is that I work for a fairly large company, and they do not offer ANY type of adoption leave with pay.   I have been on a crusade to get this changed, however when I looked at the upper management,  it does consist of all men. This company  is not known to be too family friendly.   Dave Thomas Foundation puts out a list every year of the top companies  in the US that offers the best adoption leave.  It is amazing. 

H ( my 9 year old) is a bit anxious as well. She knows her life is going to change, just not sure how.  she is very excited, but.... she has had me to herself all her life.

Dont get me wrong, I am ready for the little  one to be in our family,  I just need to be there......... Thank goodness my best friend is joining me on this journey.. she will keep me giggling, and laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment