Thursday, June 21, 2012

Frenzy Time

If you follow my posts on Facebook , you know I am feeling rather overwhelmed right now.   We DID receive the Letter of Acceptance from the China side.  This means that they deem me able to mother this child. This sheet of paper sets EVERYTHING in motion.  Until you get the LOA, you can’t do anything, and you wait.  But now I get to apply for travel visas to travel, you apply for the I-800, which you have to file with the Homeland security. This approval makes the child an immediate relative to you –Basically an approval to adopt.  There was another form I had to send in, and you have a short window to get everything else in order before they tell you when you have to be in China. 
\
There is more paperwork and forms in between but to simplify …..

So what am I doing in this window of time before I travel?   Well, I decided to refinance my house, I haven’t done a thing to get the little ones room ready, so I am scrambling there.  I have 200+ projects at work I am trying to close, so that no one B*(^es about me leaving them hanging.   I am taking 12 weeks off work under the FLMA (yes that does mean no pay) and trying to fine tune my finances, etc. Its summer so I am making sure H is having a good summer, and is not neglected either. 

So,  yes its bit of a frenzy right now… and I do at times feel a bit overwhelmed.   But all in all I  am having a great time – and at the end the most important thing that both H and the little one feel safe, and loved.

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you and H. I can't imagine the joy you are feeling. If I can help bring anything together please let me know. I will send you my cell. Always a call away. :)

    Kristen Johnson

    ReplyDelete